Koompassia grandiflora (PROSEA)
From PlantUse English
Koompassia grandiflora Kosterm.
- Protologue: Bull. Bot. Gard. Buitenzorg, ser. 3, 18: 443 (1950).
The timber may be used as kempas or tualang.
- A fairly large tree up to 37 m tall with large, tall buttresses and a bole up to 25 m long and up to 100 cm in diameter, bark rather smooth, grey-brown.
- Leaves with 8-11 ovate-lanceolate leaflets of 3.5-10 cm × 1.5-3.5 cm.
- Flowers comparatively large, sepals and petals c. 10 mm long, ovary ellipsoid, hairy at base.
- Pod narrowly obovate, 9-12 cm long.
K. grandiflora is fairly common in the lowland near Manokwari.
Main genus page
- Wan Razali Wan Mohd (selection of species)