Prunus persica Brugnon Group (Common names)
From PlantUse English
To species page
Names in common use
- English: clingstone nectarine
- German: Brugnole
- French: brugnon
- Italian: pesca noce, merendella
- Spanish: griñón, bruñón, pelón, peladillo
- Portuguese: pêssego calvo, pêssego careca
- Czech: bryňonka
- Albanian: pjeshkë mishje
Sources and commentaries
Brugnons are mostly local and traditional cultivars. They have largely been replaced by nectarines. This situation explains why they they have mostly local names, and are only distinguished in a few languages.
- French: The distinction between brugnon and nectarine, on the basis of the clingstone/freestone character, is a scholarly distinction, not a popular one.
- Czech: Dlouhá, Jana et al., 1995. Ovoce. Praha, Aventinum. 224 p.