Brassica rapa Oleifera Group (Common names)
To species page
Names in common use
- English: bird rape, turnip rape; Canola®1 (Canada)
- German: Rübsen; Rübsenreps, Rübsaat; Rübsen (CH, Austria)
- Dutch: raapzaad; zomerraapzaad, boterzaad2
- Swedish: rybs
- Danish: rybs; agerkål3
- Norwegian: rybs
- French: navette; Canola®1 (Canada)
- Italian: ravizzone
- Spanish: nabina
- Romanian: rapiţă
- Russian: сурепица, сурепка; озимая сурепица,мелкосемянный рапс4 - surepica, surepka; ozimaja surepica, melkosemjannyj raps4
- Polish: rzepik
- Czech: řepice
- Bulgarian: репица, рапица - repica, rapica
- Croatian: ograšica, slačica, repica, ognjica
- Slovenian: repica
- Greek: ράπιτσα
- Hungarian: repce, réparepce
- Finnish: rypsi; naurisrapsi
Sources and commentaries
(1) Canola® is originally a trademark for oil Brassica grown in Canada. It includes mostly Brassica napus, and also some Brassica rapa. The word is gaining a status of crop name in northern America.
(2) Spring rape only.
(3) Wild rape only.
(4) Winter rape only.