Suaeda maritima (PROSEA)
Suaeda maritima (L.) Dumortier
- Family: Chenopodiaceae
- Sea-blite (En)
- Indonesia: alur, malur (Java)
- Thailand: chakhram (central)
- Vietnam: phì diệp biển, thụy diển nam.
Europe, northern Africa, Asia, Australia, North America.
In Java, young parts of this very salty plant are eaten as a vegetable after boiling .
- Perennial, polymorphous, glabrous, much branched, succulent herb, 7-50 cm tall, often partly or entirely purple.
- Leaves fleshy, narrowly linear, semi-terete, 1-4.5 cm long.
On moist, saline, clayey soils near the sea, often growing gregariously.
7, 33, 66, 91.